Monday, April 23, 2012

April 2, 2012


What's up righteous babes?!  Dang what a splendid week!  There was so much good that went on.  So I think Monday and Tuesday my patience with Elder Boam was very rapidly melting away and I felt the inclination to punch him but I held back!  That night I half heartedly said we should study "How to Strengthen a Companionship" out of Preach My Gospel (where this is contained, I know not) and Elder Boam agreed.  The next morning I woke up and for some reason I kept thinking of the words Christlike attributes (which location of where it is contained, I am aware).  So we read through all of them for Christlike attributes and as we did this I felt a very strong love for Elder Boam and just from reading this, a strong friendship developed.  Ever since that study, things have been great with us:)  Our numbers greatly increased this week too!  A man in the ward, Brother Oyer, has a son who is 26 that we are teaching and he is great!  He lives with his girlfriend, Melissa and their new baby girl, Angelina (she is such a cute baby!!)  We taught them about how we get answers to prayers and what they feel like and they committed to reading the Book of Mormon and being baptized!  We were also able to do a bit more street contacting and found a couple guys who are very interested in continuing to talk to us!  One of those guys is Brett, he is probably in his mid thirties and has a family and he is really religious, we are not sure which congregation though.  Anyways, he had some deep questions which I didn't know for sure how to answer.  His main questions had to do with why do we need more books when the Bible already tells that for us to be saved we need to have faith in Christ and repent of our sins and it’s as simple as that.  He also wanted to know what set us apart from other religions and I knew the answer of course, but didn't know in which manner I should present my answer.  I prayed a lot about these things and asked that my prayers be answered by those speaking in conference, and if any of you men remember the first line of the first talk in priesthood session by Elder Bednar, "The Priesthood authority is what sets us apart from all other religions."  I marveled at how clearly my prayers were answered continually through out the rest of conference by other speakers.  It was such a great day for Elder Boam and me.  The senior couple from Chambersburg, my last area, was able to give me some great advice on what lessons to teach and I am so thankful for the Kenleys!  Ugh just a sick week guys!  I appreciate everyone's prayers and support!  Oh so I have a funny joke I heard from this less active guy!  Here it is: “The Pope called a meeting in the Vatican with all the cardinals and priests and many others, telling them the news was urgent.  The Pope began by telling them he had good news and bad news.  The good news is that Jesus Christ has returned and is back on the Earth and is living once again among us.  All the cardinals and priests jumped and shouted for joy!  What could the bad news be??  Nothing can ruin this glorious occasion!  Well brethren....he called from Salt Lake!  Hahahaha, ugh I loved this joke!!!!!  Well, I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment